HOW TO GET TO GALATASARAY UNIVERSITY?
From Atatürk International Airport
- Taxicab: Taxis to Beşiktaş cost 60 - 70 Turkish Lira (TL) or $30-35 USD. The trip takes 30-60 minutes, depending on traffic.
- Motorcoach: HAVATAS runs regular shuttles between the airport’s exit terminal and Taksim Square in downtown Istanbul. The trip costs 10 TL ($5 USD), payable on the bus. From Taksim, take a short taxi ride to the campus. The taxi cost will be another 10 TL ($5 USD).
- Public Transport: Public transport is another option for traveling to the university from Atatürk Airport. However, it is not recommended for inexperienced travelers. Total cost will be about 6 TL ($3 USD).
From Sabiha Gökçen International Airport
Sabiha Gökçen International Airport is farther from the university, on the far side of the Asian neighborhoods across the Bosphorus.
- Taxicab: Approximately 80-90 TL ($40-45 USD). The trip takes between 40 and 90 minutes.
- Motorcoach: HAVATAS runs shuttles from this airport to Taksim. 13 TL ($7 USD), 60-90 minutes, plus a short taxi ride from Taksim to the campus.
- Public Transport: Public Transport from this airport is not recommended.
Accommodation is not available on campus but there are many private hostels and residences nearby. Note also that the campus is located at the center of the city and there are plenty of alternative transportation options for getting to the university.