Nigde, located in the middle of Anatolia,hasa very favorable position in terms of road transport and railway access.
The nature and history meet in Nigde which is part of Cappadocia region and is a city of civilizations with a 10 thousand-year history. Nigde is an important tourism place with its Rome Pool, Gumusler Monastery, Kemerhisar Tyana Antique Aqueducts, Kavlaktepe Underground City, Early-Period Christian architecture, historical artifacts inherited from the Seljuks and other civilizations, Demirkazik Mountain globally known in mountaineering and climbing, Aladaglar National Park, Bolkarlar, other natural beauties and Ciftehan Thermal Spring.
Nigde has become a university town in parallel with the foundation of Nigde University in 1992. Nigde is quite a charming city for university students, since living there is economic, accommodation opportunities are sufficient,crime rate is low, the city has a calm and sound social structure, inhabitants’ approach to students is warm, and they make things easier for students in every respect.
- Nigde University has a student-oriented educational perspective which aims at equipping students with quality education and preparing them for business life,
- Nigde University has modern laboratories equipped with the latest technological equipment which respond all kinds of needs of students, ateliers for various vocational training in different fields, and technology classrooms, and offers an education and training environment in compliance with the international standards to its students,
- Nigde University offers academic programs and education and training strategies determined and developed in a way that will meet the requirements of our era and business life,
- Nigde University has an academic staff, who have experience on international scientific research, who can easily establish a close communication with students, who improve themselves, and who are productive and dynamic,
- Nigde University is a respectable, internationally recognized university which has competitive power in the field of science and technology at international level, and acts both as a partner and as a coordinator in international projects,
- Nigde University is one of the most important universities in our country in terms of scientific research activities,
- Nigde University successfully implements the international student exchange programs such as Erasmus and Bilateral Academic Cooperation, sends a large number of its students to various universities abroad, and hosts students coming from abroad,
- Students have the opportunity to work directly in the scientific researches, studies and projects conducted by the instructors, and are encouraged and supported to prepare student projects,
FOR NIGDE UNIVERSITY
TRANSPORTATION & ACCOMODATION SERVICES
- A considerable part of accommodation services for Nigde University students is provided by means of state-owned student dormitories. There are also private student dormitories providing accommodation services.
- Nigde University built a campus named “Nigde University Student’s Town” which consists of students’ houses in order to make a contribution to the fulfillment of accommodation needs of students. There are 3 rooms and 1 living room in each of the houses. Students residing in these houses are provided with a refrigerator, washing machine, television, satellite receiver system, study tables, cupboards, bookshelves, free internet connection, breakfast, free transportation facilities, and finally dinner service on request.
- Ayhan Sahenk Student Dormitory providing approximately 200 students with accommodation facility is located at Nigde University Central Campus.
- Since apartment rents are economic in Nigde, significant number of the students meet their need of accommodation by renting apartments.
- As Nigde University campus is located very close to the city center and most of the dormitories are located within the university campus, transportation is carried out without any problem. Fast and economical transportation is available from all over the city.
- Food service is regularly provided to the students and staff at cafeterias of Nigde University educational units.
- At our university, food services are provided under dietician control, and all kinds of hygiene rules are followed meticulously in each step from cooking to serving of the meal.
- The food menu consists of 4 dishes. Monthly menus are prepared by a dietician, who takes into consideration the features of the student group, in accordance with the principles of adequate and balanced nutrition in order to meet the energy needs of students.
- Sabiha Sahenk Central Library of Nigde University is one of the most equipped libraries among Turkish university libraries.
- The library offers service to users with more than 37,000 printed books, more than 103,000 e-books and more than 61,000 e-journals within electronic data bases.
- Besides large and spacious reading rooms, cafeteria, exhibition hall, conference room, and multimedia room are also available in Sabiha Sahenk Library of Nigde University where wireless internet access is provided on every floor.
- There are facilities for the students desiring to work individually and as a group. Group study rooms and individual study rooms are available.
SOCIAL, CULTURAL AND SPORTS FACILITIES
- Nigde University attaches great importance to cultural and social activities with an eye to creating an opportunity for students to improve themselves not only in scientific studies but also in social, cultural, and sports fields.
- Students are given opportunities for their participation in social activities, improving their individual and social skills, and taking part in the sports activities in their personal fields of interest.
- There are sports areas in all education units for sports activities of our students, and these areas are free of charge for our students.
- The sports areas in our University are as follows:
There is a football stadium with a capacity of 1500 spectatorscovered with natural turf and an athletics track.This well-lit stadium can also be used at nights;
• There are also 5 football pitches covered with artificial surfthat have dressing rooms, shower cabins and cafeteria;
• There are 2 multi-purpose outdoor sports facilities eligible for football (futsal), basketball, volleyball, and handball. Besides, there are also 4 tennis courts;
• There are 4 indoor sports facilities one of which is a semi-Olympic sized indoor sports facility with a capacity of 2300 spectators, two of which have a capacity of 450 spectators, and one of which has a capacity of 300 spectatorsthat are available for all indoorsports;
• There is a fitness center with modern equipment;
• There are an Olympic-sized athletics track and a football pitch (the relevant infrastructure has been completed, and the works for them to be put into service still continue).