REGULATIONS OF INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS’ ADMISSIONS TO GAZİOSMANPAŞA UNIVERSITY
Aim, Scope, Bases and Definitions
Article 1- (1) The purpose of this regulation is to specify the principles regarding the admission of international students to undergraduate and graduate programs.
Article 2– (2) These regulations comprise the issues of quota, terms of application, process of preference and evaluation conditions regarding the admission of international students.
Article 3- (1) These regulations have been prepared based on the principles of Foreign Student Admission at and the preceding meetings of Higher Education Board dated 21/01/2010.
Article 4- (1) The following terms in these regulations have the meanings specified below
The Principles Regarding the Admission of International Students
Article 5- (1) The University admits international undergraduate and graduate students to the programs of day and evening education with the approval of Higher Education Board.
(2) The Senate identifies the quota of day and evening education for the international undergraduate and graduate students and issues it to the Higher Education Council. The quota is determined by the Higher Education Council and appears in the Guidelines for International Students
(3) In the case that the quota for international students is not preferred or vacant, the quota, which is not preferred or vacant, can be added on upon the request of the university.
Criteria of the Applicants
(a) On condition that they are at the final year of high school or at the period of graduation;
The applications on the followings are accepted,
(b) The applications of those with the following conditions are not accepted
Applications and Conditions
Article 7- (1) The notification about the applications is announced on the website of university in June. The applicants must fill in the application form and submit it to the Student Affairs Office via mail, e-mail or in person with the other required documents. The applications via mail that are received after the due date of application is not accepted for any reason including late mail deliveries. The applications with any missing documents are not subjected to evaluation.
Documents Required For Registration
a) Applicants are required to fill in the application form on the web site, www.gop.edu.tr,
b) A copy of Original high school diploma or graduation certificate and its notary certified translation in Turkish, (or certified by Turkish consulate in their country),
c) Transcript (approved by the director of the relevant high school and displaying the high school grade points and (the grade point average)
d) University entrance exam or high school graduation certificate (Mentioned in paragraph 14) is required. The university exam certificate is valid for two years, the highschool grduation certificate is always valid.
Evaluation of the applications
Article 9 - (1) The applications of foreign students are evaluated by the Foreign Student Admission Commission of Gaziosmanpaşa University (appointed by the Rectorate). The commission consists of seven instructors (appointed by the Rectorate), the relevant vice rector and the head of register office
(2) After the Evaluation and placement procedures, a final list will be released (including the admitted students and the waitlisted students) according to the exam results. The number of students In the waitlist, doubles the number of the admitted students. The students in the waitlist will be able to register instead of students admitted but did not register.
(3) The number of students (from the same country) admitted to Bachelor degree and Associate degree programs can’t outnumber 30 percent of the contingent. In case of inadequate number of application this regulation is not valid
(4) The list of the admitted students and waitlisted students will be announced on the Gaziosmanpaşa University Website. The results aren’t sent via mail.
(5) Evaluations of the special talent examinations will be held according to the criteria in the special talent examination instruction
The announcement of the results and registration
Article 10 - (1)The application results will be announced on the Gaziosmanpaşa University Website
(2) Acceptance letters for all of the admitted students will be released on the Gaziosmanpaşa University Website
(3)The registrations will be carried out between the dates announced with documents needed
(4)The applications with insufficient documents will not be considered
Article 11- Annual Tuition Fee for foreign students are determined by the University Administrative Committee
Between the limits set by The Council of ministers
Documents Required For Registration
Article 12 - The documents below are required for registration
Turkish Language Level
Article 13 - Students Turkish language level is specified by a commission. The students who submit a TÖMER certificate, Yunus Emre Institute Turkish Language Achievement Certificate, Council of Europe Turkish Language Certificate or who has the adequate Turkish language level determined by a Turkish test can start their education. The ones who cannot manage to pass the test have to be on leave for a year to improve their language. They retake the test held by the commission and if and to the extent that they are successful, they start their education. Otherwise, they lose their right to be educated.
Equivalent International Exams
Item 14-Applicants should submit any of the exam results below.
1. To have a diploma of high school with a mark of minimum 50 out of 100.
2. To get at least 40 points from Foreign Students Exam done by other universities in Turkey
3. To have the minimum point formed in the previous year in the type of the applied program in the exams of YGS/LYS done by OSYM
4. Germany ABITUR Exam: maximum 4 points for undergraduate programs and maximum 2 points for the Faculties of Dentistry and Medicine
5. ACT (American College Test): For the undergraduate programs to have at least 21 points in ACT as Math, Science Reasoning and Composite .To have at least 27 points for Faculties of Dentistry and Medicine
6. GCE Exam: To have level A at least in three subjects of the applied program at least one of which is about the applied program. To have level 1A for Medicine faculty and level 2A in any two of Maths, Science and Biology .
7. SAR Reasoning test: The point for SAT 1 at Math and Critical Reading tests should be at least 1000 out of 1600.For Medicine and Dentistry Faculties that should be at least 1100 points and 600 points at math. For faculties of Agriculture ,Engineering, Literature and science and Health High School that should be at least 1100 points and at least 500 maths points. For other faculty and high schools 1100 points and 600 critical reading points
8. International Science Olympics: To have gold, silver or bronze medals which is recognized by TUBITAK(The Scientific And Technological Research Council Of Turkey)
9. To have at least 40 points in the exam of TCS ( The communities of Turkish and relatives with Turkish Republic)
10. Al-Shahada-Al-Thanawiyya: To have at least 190 points out of 240 at Scientific Stream for Medicine faculty, 180 points for Engineering faculty and 170 points for other undergraduate departments.
11. Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan and Georgia: To have at least 3 out of 5 points at Certificate of Secondary Education.
12. In the countries such as Senegal, Cameroon, Niger, Mali, Middle Africa, Burkina Faso, Chad, Togo, Benin, Madagascar, Algeria Lebanon, Tunisia and Morocco where examination formerly administered to students upon completion of high school
is done :At least P
13. Albania: To have at least 6 out of 10 points in the central graduation exam (Matura)
14. Azerbaijan: To have at least 250 points out of 700 in the central university exam which is done by TQDK?
15. Tawjihi Exam: To have at least ` in the applied branches at Tawjihi exams done in Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Palestinian, Libya and Jordan
16.Saudi Arabia: In the applied field to have at least % 60 in the Central High school Graduation exam(Tawjihi)
17. College Scholastic Aptitude Test (CSAT):In the applied branch to have at least % 50 in the College Scholastic Aptitude Test done in South Korea by Korea Institute of Curriculum & Evaluation (KICE)”
18. University Entrance and High school Completing Exams of People’s Republic of China:
To have at least 450 out of 750 points in the University Entrance Exam of Republic of China (Gaokao) in the applied program.
19. Indonesia: To have at least 40 points out of 60 in the exam of "Ujian National (UN)"
20. French examination formerly administered to students upon completion of high school: To have at least % 60 in the exam done in France in the examination formerly administered to students upon completion of high school:
21. Kazakhstan: To have at least % 50 in the entrance test of Kazakhstan National University
22. Kyrgyzstan: To have at least 180 points out of 250 in the National University Entrance exam.
23. Macedonia: To have at least 3 points out of 5 in Central high school completing exam (Matura)
Article 15- Foreign students are regulated according to Gaziosmanpasa University undergraduate degree exam regulations.
Article 16 - (1) Health expenses are paid by the foreign students themselves.
(2) It is compulsory for the foreign students to pay for all the expenses of health insurance premiums of each education term by the end of the first month of the term.
Article 17 - After the registry is completed, if during the procedure of registry and placement any document is false, missing or wrong all the procedure is cancelled.
Article 18 - This directive is validated by the decision of Gaziosmanpasa University senate.
For more information;click here