ADMISSION OF FOREIGN STUDENT GUIDELINE
The aim of this guideline is to promote the acceptance to the education programmes of the foreign students who have applied Ufuk University to receive education and to promote the basis of these students’ obligations.
The enclosure of this guideline is to promote the registration and acceptance conditions of the foreign students to our university within the quota assigned for the faculty and vocational high schools’ departments and programmes within the context of foreign student acceptance basis.
It is prepared in accordance with the 2547 Law of Higher Education which was replaced by the law numbered 45/f of the 6287 and the article dated 19/02/2013 and numbered 75850160.301.02-1177, and the article entitled ‘Foreign Student Acceptance Basis’ and dated 13/02/2013 of the Higher Education Executive Council.
(1)The things mentioned in this article means,
- Department/Programme: the faculty/institute/disciplines of the university
- Dean: the deans of the Ufuk University faculties
- Board: the faculty and institute boards of the Ufuk University faculties and institutes
- Director: the director of Ufuk University institute and vocational high school
- Board of Trustees: Ufuk University board of trustee
- Rector: Ufuk University rector
- Senate: Ufuk University senate
- University: Ufuk University
- Board of Directors: the board of directors at Ufuk University faculties and institutes.
TCHE: Turkish Council of Higher Education
- University arranges the quota of the students coming from abroad, within this context generates the execution calendar and declares at the beginning of each academic year.
- University declares TCHE about the registration information of the students and arranges the the programmes and their quota which will accept foreign students.
- The faculties and institutes accepting foreign students can arrange quota for the bachelor’s and associate degrees.
- Foreign student acceptance quota cannot be more than the 50% of the previous year’s SSPT(Student Selection and Placement Test) Programmes and Quota Guideline. Foreign student acceptance quota for the programmes accepting foreign students for the first time must be evaluated with Foreign Student Acceptance quota if they have been offered with SSPT quotes. There cannot be programmes during the extension period of SSPT.
- Quota must be reserved for the programmes connected with METEB
- The number of students being accepted by the board decision to the programmes is sent to Rectorship. Then it is submitted to the Board of Higher Education following the University Senate Decision and Board of Trustees Decision.
- The quota which is not applied is transferred to other programmes.
If there is no application for the foreign student accepting programmes or the quota does not get full capacity, these quota can be transferred to the faculties excluding Law and Medicine provided that not passing the quota defining level of 50% by University Comittee Decision. For the faculties of Law and Medicine this quota can be transferred with the Higher Education Executive Council Decision.
ELIGIBILITY OF APPLICATION:
(1)Provided that they have completed their high school education or are in the last year of their high school education, the applications of the students who
- are citizens of a foreign country,
- were born as Turkish citizens and then gained permission from the Ministry of Internal affairs to renounce their Turkish citizenship, and those who hold the official documents for their children under legal age registered on the documents that certifies the abandonment of Turkish citizenship for the use of rights granted by the Turkish Citizenship Law,( in the number 5901 of Turkish citizenship Law, in item 7 there is the judgment that “(1) If the father or the mother is Turkish citizen, the child born in the conjugal union within or out of the borders of Turkey is a Turkish citizen” and, it is useful for the applicants from abroad to examine Turkish Citizenship Law)
- are born as foreign citizens but acquired Turkish citizenship later, and who have dual citizenship,
- have the citizenship of the Republic of Turkey, and completed all the high school education in a foreign country other than the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus (TRNC), (including the ones completed their high school education in Turkish Schools in a foreign country other than TRNC)
- have citizenship of TRNC, reside in TRNC, and have completed their high school education in TRNC, and have GCA AL exam score, and the ones having taken education in other foreign countries’ high schools and colleges between the years 2005-2010 and currenly having or will have the results of GCA AL exam score, will be accepted.
(2)The applications of the following candidates will not be accepted:
- The Turkish Republic citizens having their entire secondary education in Turkey or in TRNC.
- The TRNC citizens (except those with GCE-AL results, who have finished their entire secondary education in TRNC high schools; and those who registered high schools and colleges in other countries between 2005-2010 and got/will get GCE-AL exam results)
- Those with dual nationalities whose first citizenship was given by the Turkish Republic by birth as described in subclause 2 of item a (except those having finished the in a foreign country other than TRNC / and those having completed their entire secondary education in Turkish schools located in foreign countries other than TRNC)
- Those with dual nationalities one of which is TRNC citizenship (except those with GCE-AL results having finished their entire secondary education in TRNC high schools; and those who registered high schools and colleges in other countries and got their education between 2005-2010 and had/will get GCE-AL exam results)
- The Turkish citizens studying in the schools within the body of the embassies in Turkey, or in foreign high schools in Turkey / or those whose first citizenship was given by the Turkish Republic by birth as described in subclause 2 of item a.
THE EXAMINATIONS USED IN EVALUATING THE CANDIDATES
- The candidates must take the minimum results from the examinations according to the programme followed.
- SAT 1 (Minimum 1000 points)
- ACT (Minimum 21 points)
- Abitur (Minimum 4points)
- Baccalaureat (10/20)
- GCE A Level Certificate (Minimum 2 lessons)
- International Baccalaureate (baccalaureat grade at least 24)
- Matura Reifezeugnis
- Diploma di Maturita
- During the evaluation of the student applications of foreign students acceptance, there will be no limitation in the validity of the examinations which are in the high school completion status (Abitur, International Baccalaureate, GCE, Tawjihi, etc) offered and accepted by TCHE, but the examinations within the university entrance examination status (SAT, etc) have two years of validity.
EVALUATING THE APPLICATIONS
- Evaluation of the candidates is done by the Ufuk University Faculty/Institute Board of Directors.
- Evaluation and Selection is done according to academic success and interview results.
- Academic Success: Certificate Grade/University Entrance Examination Grade/ High School Grade/ Baccalaureate/ International Exam Grade
- Interview: the consistency between the candidates academic past and his programme choice, etc.
- Evaluation and placement of the candidates is under the authority of Ufuk University, and university is free to fill or not to fill the quota. To cover the requirements does not mean to be accepted.
- Education language at the university is Turkish.
- Determination of Turkish level: the Turkish level of the ones accepted for the programmes; They have to submit the certificate from the centers teaching Turkish (TÖMER, etc) which are approved by TCHE. Turkish qualification level is C-1 and for the ones, who cannot submit this certificate, at most one year of extension is provided and during this period they cannot attend classes.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE EDUCATION AND LEVEL:
- There is one year of obligatory English Preparatory School, at the end of the programme the ones succeeded in the qualification examination are registered to first class. English Preparatory School is not counted on the list showing the education period. If the candidates have one of the following accepted by the university ‘a) the ones succeeded in one of the national/international examinations accepted by the university b)the ones succeed in the English Qualification Examination that is given by the university at the beginning of the academic year’ are registered directly to the first class.
- The students who has taken one of the examinations given by SSPC to determine the English level or taken the equally accepted international examinations (equivalent acceptance grades are on www.osym.gov.tr and www.yok.gov.tr the FLE (KPDS/ÜDS) which is given by SSPC is evaluated by the university with the updated equivalent tables.)
KPDS/ÜDS TOEFL IELTS FCE CPE CAE
50 IBT:60 CBT:170 PBT:497 3,5 C C C
The ones, with the grades mentioned above and the ones who had one year of Preparation School at the universities that they studied before, are taken to the exam that is done by our English Preparatory School. The students who has taken under 60 out of 100 attend one year English Preparatory School. (Associate Degree is excluded.)
The students attending English Preparatory School continue to the Faculty/Department they registered without the ones with absence problem. (the departments with English language education are excluded) To graduate from the university, these students must pass the English Qualification Examination.
DETERMINING EDUCATION FEES:
- The education fees that is wanted from the students coming from abroad is determined by the decision of the Board of Trustees. Half of the education fees is paid during the final registration, and the other half is paid during the registration for the second semester.
THE MATERIAL GUARANTEE AMOUNT WANTED FROM THE CANDIDATES WHO HAD THE RIGHT TO REGISTER OUR UNIVERSITY:
(1)The candidates to register have to deposit the amount of money in a bank that is enough to pay the first year of their education which is determined by the Board of Trustee and they have to submit the document which proves this.
GENERAL HEALTH INSURANCE PROCESS:
- According to the article 60 of the Law of General Health numbered 5510 and the circular numbered 2011/39 of the Head of the Social Security Institution, the health insurance is obligatory. The students have to pay for their own General Health Insurance premium from the beginning of the academic year to the end for each month. (Minimum Wage * 1/3 * 12%=education period must include the holidays.) Paying the Premium to the Social Security Institution after registration, the abstract account must be submitted to Student Affairs Office.
- The students from the countries which has Social Security Agreement with Turkey has to take “the right of health support” from their country and submit it to Ankara Social Security City Center and prove this process to the university.
- From 01.01.2012 Turkish citizens, the students with dual nationality and registered from the foreign student quota are the people under scope of General Health Insurance according to the law of Social Insurances General Health Insurance numbered 5510, article 60 and temporary article 12. According to the law the students who get by their family members are unders scope of insurance and their update process will be done Social Security Centers. The students without social security and the ones who are not in status to be looked after by family members or the ones over 25 must apply Social Security Centers.
- According to the Ufuk University Associate and Bachelor’s Degree Regulations and Ufuk University Health Culture and Sport Affairs Regulations, students’ examination and treatment process within the context of General Health Insurance will be done at Ufuk University Faculty of Medicine Dr. Rıdvan EGE Research Hospital.
LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE:
- To the students coming from abroad to get education in Turkey, letter of acceptance or an equivalent document can be provided to get “Education Commentary Visa.”
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS FOR APPLICATION:
- Documents necessary for application
- a notarial copy of the high school certificate which is translated to Turkish and approved by the TR Representative Offices Abroad. an equivalent high school certified copy which is prepared by TR Education Consultancy orTR National Education Departments. (the original documents will be demanded during registration)
- a notarial or embassy copy of their high school transcripts translated into Turkish
- the certified copy of the examination result that is accepted for application by TR Embassy, Consulate or Notary (the original documents will be wanted during registration)
- the certified copy of Turkish Language Qualification Certificate or the necessary language qualification certificate which is needed to be exempt from English Preparatory School.
- the certfied copies of identity card and passport by Consulate or Notary
STUDENT REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS
(1) Registrations are done in the same period which is declared and determined on academic calendar at the same time for other students.
(2) Necessary Documents for Registration
a) the “Education Visa” that can be taken from the TR Representative Offices Abroad in their country
b) 12 photos 4,5x6 cm that are taken within the last six months.
c) a photocopy of bankbook that proves the student can afford to study university in our country
d) the certified copy of Turkish Language Qualification Certificate or the necessary language qualification certificate which is needed to be exempt from English Preparatory School.
e) It is under students’ responsibility to run the processes of Education Visa, valid passport, accommodation permit, identity number which is assigned by Population and Citizenship General Directorate, and Ankara Security General Directorate.
f) the abstract account of the education fee which is determined by the Board of Trustee (the amount is determined by the Board of Trustee at the beginning of each academic year)
- TR Security General Directorate, Head of Foreigners Border Asylum Department’s illumination about the foreign students’ processes to be done about their entrance, visa and accommodation at any level of Higher Education Institutes of Turkey.
- Things to be done abroad (Visa Process): The applicants get ‘Education Visa’ by going the TR Representative Offices Abroad with the following documents;
- Consulate can demand extra documents
- Visa fee according to the applicants’ nationality
- The proof that he is capable of getting by during the education period in Turkey (bankbook, scholarship document,etc)
- Valid passport
- The invitation letter that is taken from the Higher Education Institute or its equivalent document
- Things to be done after arriving our country (Accommodation Process): The applicants who got visa must enter Turkey from the legal ways that is open to international entrances. Within at most 30 days after entering Turkey, they should consult Ankara Security General Directorate with the following documents in order to get Accommodation Permit which is peculiar to foreign students.
- Registration document taken from the higher education institute or its equivalent document
- Valid passport
- The proof that he is capable of getting by during the education period in Turkey (bankbook, scholarship document,etc)
- Valuable document fee for accommodation permit which is gazetted annually.
- If necessary, extra documents would be demanded.
4. Things to be done after Accommodation Permit (Declaration Process): the applicants can learn the identity number assignation process which is peculiar to the foreign students from Population and Citizenship General Directorate website of http://tckimlik.nvi.gov.tr/AnonimSorgu.html.
5.The applicants must conduct Security General Directorate Foreigners Department to do extension of their Accommodation Permit before running out of it or at most after 15 days of running out of it.
6.The applicants must conduct Security General Directorate Foreigners Department about the changes related to graduation, ending up studentship and absence at most in 15 days and accommodation change at most in 48 hours.
7.The applicants must conduct Security General Directorate Foreigners Department to get new ones of the Accommodation Permit if it is damaged or lost.
(1)If there is no decision on this guideline, the Law of Higher Education numbered 2547 and its other related articles, Senate and Directorate decisions will be valid.
(1)This guideline comes into operation from the beginning of 2013 – 2014 academic year.
(1) This guideline is executed by the Rector.
2013-2014 ACADEMIC YEAR
QUOTA FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
FAKÜLTE SÜRE KONTENJAN ÖZEL KOŞULLAR
FACULTY OF EDUCATIONAL SCIENCES
-ELT 4 5 21
Psycological Consultancy and Guidance 4 5 21
FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCES
-Psychology 4 3 21
FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND ADMINISTRATIVE SCIENCES
-Economics 4 10 21
-Political Science and International Rel. 4 5 21
-International Trade 4 10 21
FACULTY OF LAW 4 5 21
FACULTY OF MEDICINE 6 4 21
The explanations and conditions of the Higher Education Programmes in Table 3A, Table 3B and Table 4.
Look 21. There is one year of obligatory English Preparatory School, at the end of the programme the ones succeeded in the qualification examination are registered to first class. English Preparatory School is not counted on the list showing the education period. If the candidates have one of the following accepted by the university ‘a) the ones succeeded in one of the national/international examinations accepted by the university b)the ones succeed in the English Qualification Examination that is given by the university at the beginning of the academic year’ are registered directly to the first class.
(For detailed information contact university.)
2014-2015 EDUCATION TERM
EDUCATION CHARGE FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
FACULTY 2014-2015 Education Charge Preparatory School
THE FACULTY OF LAW 20.000 TL 20.000 TL
FACULTY OF ECONOMICS AND ADMINISTRATIVE SCIENCE
-Business 20.000 TL 20.000 TL
-Pol. Sci. and Int. Rel. 20.000 TL 20.000 TL
-International Trade 20.000 TL 20.000 TL
FACULTY OF SCIENCE AND LETTERS
-Psychology 20.000 TL 20.000 TL
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
-Psyc. Consult. and Guid. 20.000 TL 20.000 TL
FACULTY OF MEDICINE
-Medicine 28.000 TL 20.000 TL
(2)The charge includes 8% vat.
(3)Half of 2014-2015 education charge will be paid during the first registry; other half will be paid in the beginning of the registry in the second term during the re-registration in the way of two equal installment.
2014-2015 EDUCATION YEAR QUOTA AND ACADEMIC CALENDAR WILL BE ANNOUNCED. ( www.ufuk.edu.tr www.yok.gov.tr)