International students, who had graduated or are expecting to graduate from a High School equivalent to Turkish High Schools in Turkey, can apply to Bilkent University. All International applicants who are applying for full-time undergraduate degree programs are required to fill out the following application form at:
Online Application Form
Applications for 2015-2016 Academic Year are open between 15 October 2014 - 16 July 2015.
How to complete your online application:
Step 1: Obtain a login ID and password
Step 2: Fill out the personal information part and upload the personal information page of your passport.
Step 3: Fill out the family Information part. All students who would like to be considered for partial tuition wavier recipients are recommended to fill out this part.
Step 4: REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
Bilkent accepts the photocopies of exams/diplomas and certificates listed below for application. In the absence of national or international exams, high school graduation score can be evaluated for admission. Scanned copies of Turkish or English translation of the high school diploma and official transcript along with the explanation of the high school’s grading system should be submitted for application.
- In the SAT I, a total score of at least 1000 out of 1600 (in the combined Critical Reading and Math Reasoning tests), depending on the department to which application is made.
- In the General Certificate Education (GCE), including Cambridge International A Level, at least three A level scores, one of which is received in the particular subject area of the program applied for.
- In the ACT examination, a minimum score of 24 in Mathematics, Science and Composite.
- In the TQDK examination, a minimum score of 450 out of 700 in "Group II-III-IV" and a minimum score of 550 out of 700 in "Group I".
- In the Baccalaureate Libanais examinations given in Lebanon, a diploma score of at least 14 in the Scientific Stream.
- In the Tawjih examinations given in Jordan and Palestine, a minimum average of 85 points in all courses in the Scientific Stream.
- In the West African Examinations Council - (International) Senior School Certificate examination (WAEC - SSCE), a maximum score of 2 in each of the six subjects, and a maximum total score of 9 from the same six subjects.
- An International Baccalaureate diploma with a diploma score of at least 28 or higher up to 32 depending on the department to which application is made.
- A French Baccalaureate diploma with a diploma score of at least 12.
- ABITUR with a score of at least 4 and a minimum score of 5 out of 15 in the subjects related to the program applied for.
- In the Libyan Al Shahada Al Thanawiya examination, a score of at least 195 in the Scientific Stream for Engineering and Science programs and at least 185 in the Social Sciences / Art Stream for other programs.
- In the Gao Kao examination of the People's Republic of China, a score of at least 540 (It may vary according to the department applied for).
- In Diploma Debirestan / Pisdanesgahi administered in Iran, with a score of at least 16 out of 20.
- In the International University Test examination administered in Kazakhstan, a minimum score of 85 out of 100.
- Gold, silver or bronze medals in the International Science Olympiads (*) recognized by TUBITAK (The Scientific and Technical Research Council of Turkey):
* (IOI) The International Olympiad in Informatics
(IBO) The International Biology Olympiad
(IPhO) The International Physics Olympiad
(IChO) The International Chemistry Olympiad
(IMO) The International Mathematical Olympiad
(JBMO) Junior Balkan Mathematical Olympiad
(BMO) Balkan Mathematical Olympiad
(BOI) Balkan Olympiad in Informatics
Step 5: ENGLISH PROFICIENCY
As Bilkent is an English medium university, students are required to meet the language requirement to be able to pursue their studies in their departments. The language requirement can be met through the submission of an exam result meeting the minimum requirements in any of the following exams as outlined below:
External exam results are valid for two years. When students submit results for any of the exams mentioned above, Bilkent University School of English Language reserves the right to investigate these exam results for reliability purposes, the right to give an exam to students to check the validity of their exam results, and the right to not accept exam results that are considered to be suspicious.
If students cannot submit an exam result which meets the minimum requirements, they can take the COPE exam administered by Bilkent University after registration. Students, who cannot meet the minimum pass score in the COPE exam, will have to attend classes in the English Language Preparatory Program which is a one to two year program where they will receive 25-30 hours of classroom input every week.
PLEASE NOTE: The exam results must be sent to the university directly by the related institution. The exam results that are not sent to the university by the related institution will not be accepted.
Step 6: List and rank your selected programs up to 5 choices. Please note that students who choose Graphic Design; Fine Arts and Music must take an aptitude test administered by the related faculties in August.
Step 7: Please write a 250-word statement of purpose describing your academic goals and reasons to study at Bilkent.