1. APPLICATION AND REGISTRATION DATES
Start of the Application Period May 1st, 2016
Final Date for Full Scholarship Applications June 30th, 2016
Final Date for General Applications July 29th, 2016
Final Date of Registration September 2nd, 2016
Applications received after July 29h, 2016 will not be taken into consideration.
Online Application Website:
Required Documents for Application:
- High School Diploma and Transcripts.
- Photocopy of Passport and ID Card (Turkish Nationals who have double citizenships must also provide their Blue Cards or T.R. ID Cards)
- High School Diploma Equivalency Certificate (Denklik Belgesi) (Can be obtained from The Ministry of Education or Turkish Embassies).
- Turkish Language proficiency certificate. (If Available)
- English Language proficiency certificate (TOEFL, PTE, YDS)(If Available)
- A portfolio for the Traditional Turkish Arts/Architecture Department.
- National or International University Entrance Exam Results (YÖS, A Levels, SAT, IGCSE, etc.)
- 2 Reference Letters
- Letter of Intent
Accepted Foreign Student Exams (YÖS):
- KUNİB (Kafkasya Üniversiteler Birliği)
- Karadeniz Teknik University (Trabzon)
- Yunus Emre Institute
- Marmara University (İstanbul)
- Akdeniz University (Antalya)
- Teknik University (İstanbul)
- Çukurova University (Adana)
- On Dokuz Mayıs University (Samsun)
- Ege University (İzmir)
- İzmir Katip Çelebi University (İzmir)
- İstanbul University (İstanbul)
- Kocaeli University (İzmit)
*All the documents stated above must be in English or Turkish. If not, then a notarized translation must
- All students whose native language is not Turkish will be required to present proof of Turkish Language proficiency at a minimum level of C1. Students who fail to provide such proofs must attend a maximum one year of Turkish language preparatory course at either Yunus Emre Institute, FSMTÜMER or other university Turkish Language centers. The duration of the preparatory course (one year) will not be counted towards the Students’ normal education period. Any more than one year and the student will start using from their scholarship periods.
English Language Requirements:
- TOEFL-IBT: 90
- YDS – KPDS – ÜDS: 75
- PTE Academic: 75
- CPE: C
- CIE: B
- Fatih Sultan Mehmet English Proficiency Test (FSMEPT): 65
100% SCHOLARSHIP CONDITIONS
1. DURATION AND SPAN OF SCHOLARSHIPS
- 100% Scholarships only cover tuition costs and does not provide for living or dormitory costs.
- For Students that have registered with accepted national or international test scores, the duration of their scholarships will be 2 years for language preparatory classes/courses, 4 year for Vocational Schools and 7 years for Undergraduate programs.
- For Students that have registered with their diploma grades, the duration of their scholarships will be 1 year for language preparatory classes/courses, 2 years for Vocational Schools and 4 years for undergraduate programs.
- The scholarship does not cover the costs of the Turkish Language preparatory courses (TÜMER).
- Scholarships can be extended for an additional two semesters for students who are doing double majors and one semester for students who are doing minors in another program.
2. SCHOLARSHIP CONDITIONS
- Students who apply to FSMVU with accepted national or international test scores must achieve at least 70% success in these tests to be accepted for 100% scholarships.
- Students who apply to FSMVU with jus their diploma grades must achieve at least 80% score on their diplomas to be accepted for 100% scholarships.
- Students who are applying for programs that teach in both English and Turkish must provide proof of proficiency in at least one on these languages.
- Students that have been accepted with national or international test scores and who are required to attend Turkish language preparatory courses (TÜMER) will be given 2 years to complete TÜMER and receive a C1 certificate and this 2 year period will not be counted towards their scholarship period.
- Students that are accepted with their diploma grades and who are required to attend Turkish language preparatory courses (TÜMER) will be given 1 year to complete the TÜMER and receive a C1 certificate and this 1 year will not be counted towards their scholarship period.
- Students that are accepted with their diploma grades must maintain a minimum of 1.80 GPA throughout their scholarship duration. In the event that their GPA falls below 1.80, their scholarships will be downgraded to 50% and will stay that way until the student improves their GPA to a minimum of 1.80.
- Students who have achieved success in national or international projects and/or competitions (with prior knowledge of the related departments) in which their success is accepted by the university scholarship board can receive additional scholarships and prizes from the university Board of Trustees.