THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICATION, ADMISSION AND ENROLLMENT FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS
Objective, Scope, Justification and Definitions
Article 1- The objective of this instruction is to identify the rules and regulations for foreign students who apply to bachelor’s, associate degree or evening degree programs or distance education degree programs at Erzincan University.
Article 2- This instruction states the criteria for foreign applicants in terms of the available quotas, acceptance conditions and enrollment rules.
Article 3- This instruction is written based on the decision taken by Council of Higher Education Executive Board on Jan 21, 2010 for the admission of foreign students in accordance with the decision made by Higher Education Evaluation Committee established on Jan 6, 2010 subject to Article 3 of Law number 2922 regarding foreign nationals in Turkish educational system.
Definitions and Abbreviations
Article 4- (1) For the purpose of this instruction, the following descriptions and abbreviations apply:
a) Academic Units: Erzincan University, Faculties, Schools, conservatory and Vocational Schools;
b)Unit Executive Board: Executive Board of Erzincan University, Schools Vocational Schools and Conservatory,
c)Rectorship: Rectorship of Erzincan University,
1. Senate: Erzincan University Senate,
2. University: Erzincan university,
c)Executive Board: Executive Board of Erzincan University,
d) Language Center: Erzincan TÖMER (language Teaching Application and Research Center)
General Principles, Application and Assessment of Foreign Students
Article 5- (1)The quotas and the special conditions for foreign students applying to formal and evening education of Associate's and Bachelor's Degrees, distance and open education programs at Erzincan University are determined by the decisions of the Senate.
1.The quotas and the conditions specified by the decision of Senate are informed to the Assesment selection and placement center. (ÖSYM)
2. On the condition that there is no application for any of the aforementioned programs by foreign students or the specified quotas are not filled up by any reason, upon the request of Erzincan University, the abovecited quotas may be transferred to the other programs of Erzincan University with the approval of the Council of Higher Education. (YÖK)
Conditions for Application
Article 6- (1) For the programs which are announced to accept foreign students,
a) the applications of high school graduates or seniors who:
b) the applications of the foreigners who:
Examination Types And Minimum Scores For The Admissions of Applications
Article 7- (1) The required information for the exams amd scores to be accepted in the applications are specified in Appendix I. The quotas and special conditions which are recommended by the units are determined by Erzincan University Senate.
1. Applicants can apply with the result of one of the exams or diplomas specified in Appendix I. It is required to have the minimum scores for the application.
2.For the applicants who have won golden, bronze and silver medal in international science olympics or the olympics recognized by TUBİTAK, the minimum score condition is not required, and they have the priority to the other applicants in placement.
How to Apply and Documents Required for Application
Article 8-(1) For the foreigners, application, enrollment, supplementary placement dates, the required documents, ( if there is), special conditions and explanations are announced by Erzincan University.
1. It is essential to make the applications on the specified date in the announcement, and to submit the application forms and documents to the Registrar’s Office ( Öğrenci İşleri Daire Başkanlığı)
2. The assesment of the applications is subject to the submission of all the forms and the required documents to Erzincan University in the allotted time with complete documentation.
3. Minimum documents for the application are:
a) Original copy of "Foreign Students Application Form For The Quotas"
b) The certified copy of translation of high school diploma, temporary graduation certificate by a notary or Foreign Representative Office.
c) A letter of undertaking showing that students can can afford his/her own life signed by the relative authorities.
Initial assesment and placement
Article 9- (1) The processes of acceptance, admission, assesment and placement of the applications of foreigners are carried out by the commissions authorized by the Rectorship. The placements are done regarding the scores obtained from the exams specified in Appendix 1 and their equivalences in Turkey. The placement scores are ranged from the top and it is finally completed concerning the scores, order of preference and the counrty barrage.
1. In addition to the general conditions indicated above, the applicants who are applying to the departments with special talent examination are expected to be successful in the aforementioned examination done by the relevant units.The assesment of the applications and placement is administered by the relevant units.
2. The foreigners are to have, if there is, special conditions which are specified by the relevant units.
3.An applicant who has the requirements for the application doesn't mean to have the right of placement in the university.
4. The applications of the applicants who are realized not to have the requirements are not taken into consideration.
The announcement of the Results and Enrollment
Article 10-(1) The results of assesment and placement of the applications are announced by Erzincan University. An "Acceptance Letter" is sent to the address of the applicants stated in the application form by the applicant.
1. The enrollments are done in the relevant units on the specified dates by Erzincan University. Applicants who do not enrol in their respective programs during the allotted time period lose their eligibility for enrollment.
2. The required documents for the enrollment, together with the results are announced by Erzincan University. The required documents are:
a) The certified copy of tranlastion of high school diploma, temporary graduation certificate by a notary or Foreign Representative Office,
1. The original copy of high school diploma and the original copy of Equivalency certificate obtained by Provincial Directorate for National Education and Turkish Foreign Agencies.
2. The certified copy of Turkish translation of transcript, by the notary and Turkish Foregn Agencies, indicating grade point averages on graduation by High School Directorate.
b)The original copy of examination result indicating the graduation form high school or for the entrance of the university (except the ones who apply with the grade point average of secondary school)
1. The original copy of the pages of the passport showing the id of the candidate and validity of the passport together with the translated (into Turkish) pages of them certified by the notary or Turkish Foreign Agencies,
2. (If there is ), the original copy of the Foreign Language Document or Turkish Proficiency Document certified by notary or Turkish Foreign Agencies,
3. Certificate of Residence (should be handed to the relevant unit of the Registrar’s Office within 10 days of registration date).
c) 4 photographs taken in the last six months.
d)Bank receipt showing the tution has been paid to the relevant bank,
e) The document showing the amount in the letter of undertaking.
4. The students who have enrolled in Erzincan University are required to pay all premiums, in a month, of their Health Insurance concerning a study term as from each study of term.
5.The students who have made the final enrollment are to inform the relevant units on their id number taken from Turkish Tax Offices maximum in a month.
Supplementary Placement Quotas
Article 11- (1) After final enrollment process, if there are any quotas available, supplementary placement is done.
(2) For the supplementary placement, the students who have the right of final enrollment and have enrolled in the other programs previously can also apply.
Tuition fee and the amount of the letter of undertaking
Article 12-(1) An amount of tuition fee determined by the Executive Board of Erzincan University and accepted by the Council of Higher Education is paid by foreign students provided that this amount is within the minimum and maximum limits specified each year by the Council of Ministers.
(2) The foreigners who wants to apply to Erzincan University are supposed to present their "letter of undertaking" in order to demonstrate that they are in a good condition so as to continue their educations in Turkey. The amount and the documentation format are announced by Erzincan University, together with the other required documents for application.
Language of Instruction
Article 13- (1) The language of education is Turkish. The foreigner who has a right to enrol in the deparments consisting of compulsory foreign language preparatory class or foreign language in education are required to take a placement and proficiency exam. The aforementioned exam is carried out in accordance with the provisions of "Erzincan University Foreign Language and Preparatory Class Education and Examination Rules and Regulations."
Turkish Language Proficiency
Article 14-(1) The proficiency of the foreigners are determined on the basis of a document demonstrating the success of the applicant in Turkish Language, and given by Turkish Language Centers accepted by the Council of Higher Education; or of a document indicating the success of the applicant in Turkish Proficiency Examination carried out by Erzincan University.
(2)Proficiency levels of Turkish language are stated below:
1. (A) Level: The applicant’s Turkish language skills are sufficient. He/she can begin courses.
2. (B) Level: The applicant’s Turkish language skills are such that they will improve within a short period of time. He/she must continue Turkish language education during his/her studies and is supposed to demonsrate the improvement of his/her studies via a document.
3. (C) Level: The applicant’s Turkish language skills are not sufficient. He/she can start programs conducted in English but during the course of studies must improve his/her Turkish language skills.He/she may not start programs in which the language of instruction is Turkish. Before beginning studies, he/she must study Turkish for a period of one year, during which time they will be considered to be on approved leave. The applicant is supposed to documentate that he/she has improved his/her Turkish language Proficiency to A or B level via the methods specified in the paragraph of this Article. The applicants who have improved his/her Turkish language Proficiency to A level are subject to the first subclause of this paragraph and the applicants who have improved his/her Turkish language Proficiency to B level are subject to the second subclause of this paragraph. After this process ends, the applicants whose levels are still C are dismissed from Erzincan University.
Miscellaneous and Final Provisions
Lack of provisions
Article 15 –(1) In cases for which this regulation is lacking in provisions, the Regulations for Associate's and Bachelor's Education at Erzincan University shall be implemented.
Article 16-(1) The examinations and minimum scores for the acceptance of Foreign Students in Erzincan University are stated in Appendix1,
(2) The equivalencies of examination scores used for the acceptance of Foreign Students are stated in Appendix 2.
Article 17 -(1) This document is effective from the date it is accepted by the Anadolu University Senate.
Article 18- (1) Erzincan University Rector is empowered for the implementation of this Instruction.